If you are having trouble copying your essay or personal statement response to your application, we suggest that you write your essay response in Microsoft Word and eliminate all double spacing between paragraphs, ensuring that you only have one space between paragraphs.
Here are some additional troubleshooting suggestions:
- Save your response in a Word document in Times Roman, Calibri or Arial fonts.
- Delete everything you copied to the response box in the NYC Online Teacher Application until the word count in the right corner says “0”.
- Save the box when it is empty.
- Save and close your NYC Online Teacher Application.
- Open your NYC Online Teacher Application again and go to Part 2.
- Copy your written response back into the box, make sure the word count is correct, and click save.
If you should you have additional questions or continue to experience technical issues, contact us via our Online Support Center.