The NYC Online Teacher Application is intended for all teacher candidates interested in securing a full-time teaching position with the New York City Department of Education. A complete and submitted NYC Online Teacher Application is an important and required component of the New York City Department of Education’s teacher staffing process. Please note that other school-based positions have a separate hiring process.
We strongly suggest that you review the Guide to the NYC Online Teacher Application before beginning your application.
When completing the teacher application, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your professional background (including dates employed and phone numbers)
- Academic history, including your GPA
- Professional references (at least one and no more than three; please include names, work and email addresses, and phone numbers)
- Up-to-date resume including past work experiences
- Response to the writing prompt (you can review the actual question in the Guide to the NYC Online Teacher Application)
- New York State teacher certification, or proof that you are on track to meet qualifications for New York State teacher certification by September 1, 2021